“I’m so thrilled I found Pat to be the editor of my book. She was incredibly timely, thorough, and professional in her work. But, the frosting on the cake was her enthusiasm and kindness toward me as an author. She took me under her wing and guided me through the scary parts of self-publishing a book. I would gladly recommend her to anyone looking for a great editor, and I look forward to continuing to grow my relationship with her as well. Thanks, Pat!” Chelsea Walker Flagg, best selling author of I’d Rather Wear Pajamas, ISBN: 978-0-9967284-0-9 (print), 978-0-9967284-1-6 (ebook) Available at Amazon
BASIC COPY EDITING
If your manuscript just needs a polish, the basic copy edit is ideal for authors in need of minimal editorial assistance involving:
- Fixing typos and inconsistencies
- Spelling and capitalization errors
- Errors in punctuation
- Minor grammatical mistakes
- Sentence structure and word usage
- Pointing out errors in commonly known facts
- Denoting content that may require permission from a third party to use their material: (including, but not limited to poems, articles and text, photography, lyrics, illustrations)
The basic edit does not include:
- Paragraph, or chapter restructuring
- Alter words, other than checking for misuse and spelling
- Checking for repetitious words or phrases
- Choice of overall structure
- Clarity and sense
- Plot development
- Rhythm and timing
- Securing permission from third parties to use their material
- No editing of revised draft included
Fee: Based on the number of words in the manuscript which is based on the industry standard of 250 words per page; 5-10 ms pgs/hr @ $40/hr, or 3 cents per word
So that I can quote you a fee please complete the following:
Email me at email@example.com. Please include the following:
Your name, email address, home mailing address, contact phone number
How did you find out about my services?
The title of your work and the number of words in your manuscript
The genre you are working in and your audience
Send the first ten pages in the body of your email. Send it as a doc. or PDF. Do not send it as a doc.x. Do not send it in an attachment.
The number of drafts you have already written
Describe your writing background
Have you already worked with an editor on this?
Anything else I need to know?