If your story or article has already been through the editing process and is ready for publication to journals and magazines, proofreading provides a final check comparing the latest stage of text with the preceding stage for any discrepancies. :
- Spelling and capitalization errors
- Reading for typographical errors, or for sense, without reading against copy
- Punctuation errors and inconsistencies that may have escaped previous editing
- Formatting: checking proof against typesetting specs
- Minor grammatical errors
- Verifying links in online publications
Fee: Based on 9-11 ms pgs/hr @ $35/hr (industry standard of 250 wds/pg; or 1.5 cents/word
Fees are based on a project-by-project basis. So that I can quote you a fee, please complete the following:
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following:
Your name, email address, home mailing address, contact phone number
How did you find out about my services?
The title of your work and the number of words in your manuscript
The genre you are working in and your audience
Send the first ten pages in the body of your email. Do not send it in an attachment. Send it as a doc. or as a PDF. Do not send a doc.x.
The number of drafts you have already written
Describe your writing background
Have you already worked with an editor on this?
Anything else I need to know?